Monday, July 8, 2013

How to Save Money at the Movies

I don't take the kids often to the movies. I decided to take them as a surprise yesterday to see Despicable Me 2 as a treat.

The cost of the movies is ridiculous especially on a budget.

Now on top of 3 weeks of utter heat and humidity, it was also a good excuse to get into some good, cool air for a while.

I found out that if you go to the first showing which was at 10:00 am, ticket prices were $5.75.

So $5.75 x 3=$17.25

We all had breakfast before we left so none of us were hungry when we got there.

During the film, the kids did get a bit munchy and thirsty, so I got one of the kids snack pack.  It comes with a pretty good amount of popcorn, a small drink, and a small bag of gummy fruit.

The kids split the drink and the popcorn and I always have an extra bag of gummies in my purse for snacks so they were happy.

The snack pack was $5.30.

So all total it was $22.55. Not bad considering the last time we went to a movie was October.

They had a blast, we all laughed and I was rated "the best mommy in the whole world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment