Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Debt


Not a fan of it.

When I split with my husband in 2010, I had exhausted my unemployment. I was a stay at home mom looking for a job.

I used up my 401k and savings to pay bills and put my kids in day care while I returned to school and waited for some assistance.

Unfortunately, that was the only choice I had. Returning home was never an option. I had too much pride and even if I didn't, my parents didn't have the room.

My husband made dangerous and unhealthy choices. Due to those choices, he doesn't pay child support. So basically right now, my bills, which are normal bills, rent, child care, insurances, loans, credit card, etc. equal my pay. I don't own a smartphone. I have basic cable. I don't own a computer at home, nor have internet.

So in comes Frumpy mom.  My brother is getting married in October. My 2 kids and I are in the wedding. I need to pay for my part of the shower. I have no money put aside as I have no extra.
My goal is to pay for it without having to tap into my $1,000 emergency fund I was able to set aside with my tax refund.  How? I mystery shop. By selling items. Saving change. Barter for what I need.

I haven't bought myself new clothes in about a year except for the bridesmaids dress. I buy what my kids need and search for ways to do it cheaper.

And once that's paid, I will continue to work on my debt. Being frugal and frumpy will win. :)

So...

Money saved for Brothers wedding--$0. 






  



No comments:

Post a Comment